Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Monday, December 15, 2014

Banana Blueberry Bread and Tsu #Mondayblogs #recipe

 This weekend as I stared at the bananas on the counter I knew banana bread was going to be the weekend bread of choice...but I just can't seem to keep to the basic recipe and found myself adding blueberries to the batter.

The smell as it was baking filled my kitchen with sweet aromas, I knew this was going to be a winner.

Even the kids who turn up their noses when they see chunks of fruit in my bread grabbed a slice as soon as it was cool enough to cut.

Success!

Banana Blueberry Bread


2 Cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powde
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1 Cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 Cup melted butter
1 1/2 Cup mashed bananas
4 oz. blueberries

Cinnamon sugar for topping

Preheat oven to 350. Grease bottom and sides of standard loaf pan.
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix eggs and melted butter in a small bowl and then add to the dry mixture and combine. Mash up the bananas with a fork in the small bowl, add to the wet mixture. Fold in blueberries. Sprinkle the top with a cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in pan 15 minutes, then release from pan on baking rack and continue cooling.
Enjoy.

* * * * * *

As 2014 winds down and I had finally thought I had a pretty good handle on the social media outlets that work for me...enter Tsu.

With a Facebook-like interface there is a fairly small learning curve, and with all the coming rules on Facebook that will only make it even more difficult for me to interact with fans and friends - this new venture just might pick up some steam. Already many of the authors I know and follow on Facebook are there. Will it take off? That's anyone's guess and although I don't relish the idea of adding another social media time suck to my already crowded day...I think I'm going to wade into the Tsu waters and see where it goes.

If you pop on over...look me up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!