Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Monday, January 26, 2015

Snow Day Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings #crockpotdinner

Winter. New York. The first blizzard of 2015.

Time to break out the crockpot!

With the expected snowfall amounts increasing by the hour, I plan to spend my day getting some unexpected words on the WIP...and getting dinner out of the way early is a bonus.

Right now I'm in revision/edit mode on the first in my time travel series to the California Gold Rush in 1851 and having a blast writing my sheriff, Sam Harden. I can't wait to introduce you to him!

Back to dinner...

This is a super easy crockpot dinner that is a favorite in my house (in other words...all three kids will eat it!)

CROCKPOT CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS

Boneless chicken thighs (I buy the large family pkg - at least 10-12 thighs)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans biscuits
garlic powder & pepper to taste

Toss the chicken in the crockpot. Cover with the cans of soup - add a full soup can of water. Sprinkle with some garlic powder and pepper.  Cook on low about 6 hours.

30 minutes before serving...open the cans of biscuits. Rip each biscuit in half and place on top of the chicken/gravy. Cover and let rise to cook as dumplings. (You CAN use one can...my kids love the biscuits, so I make 2 cans)

Serve with a side veggie and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!