Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Monday, May 19, 2014

My Writing Process - Blog Hop! #mywritingprocess

Welcome back to the blog!



Over the past few months, I've read quite a few of these posts from other authors and last week I was invited to the tour by one of my fabulous critique partners, Lynn Crain...be sure to check out her blog here.

With just four simple questions I'm hoping I can give you a quick glimpse into my writing process and maybe even spark a little creativity on my own end to jump back into the blogging routine. (hey, a girl can dream, right?)

So here we go!

1)     What am I working on?  Three books at once. I don't plan for this to happen - it just does. I'm currently in edit mode for my time travel, I'm writing the third in my Starlight Hills Holiday Novella series that WILL BE out this summer and I'm also working on a full length Starlight Hills book that I hope have done for the fall.

2)     How does my work differ from others of its genre? Okay, this is a pretty tough question! I think we all hope we're different in just enough ways that our work stands out, but is familiar enough the reader can curl up and get lost. How am I different? Could be the attitude of my characters - I write heroines that have a bit of spunk. It could be the descriptions of places at times I can only imagine. 

3)     Why do I write what I do? I tend to write what I love to read or what I wish I was reading. I love the elements of a good time travel, the whole love knows no bounds of time theme really resonates with me. I also can't resist a sweet love story, one that's packed with emotion and unforgettable characters. And, let's face facts...I'm a mother of 3 kids, I need some form of sanity, don't I?


4)     How does your writing process work? As I said...I'm the mother of 3, which means that no two days are exactly the same. But on most days I'm up at 5:45. Between making lunches, prepping for dinner (so the afternoon isn't crazy when I get home from work) doing a load of wash and getting my daughter on the bus at 6:45...I'll be on the computer. The Keurig comes to life at 6:00, so the coffee starts flowing and kick starts my imagination early. I answer emails, spend 30 minutes on social media, read over the last few paragraphs from the day before and start getting the new words out around 7am.


Most days I write until 8:30, when it's time for me to get ready for the day job. I edit in the evening. (Unfortunately, sometimes I edit out all the words I wrote that morning. *sigh*)

That's it for me, next week I hope you'll visit these three talented authors:

Becky Lower has traveled the country looking for great settings for her novels. She loves to write about two people finding each other and falling in love, amid the backdrop of a great setting, be it present day middle America or on a covered wagon headed west in the 1850s. Contemporary and historical romances are her specialty.


* * *

A New Yorker, born and bred, Arla Dahl is a former homeschooling mom who writes gritty erotic fiction. Her current work, Immoral Virtue, a novella trilogy, is set during the witch trials of the 17th Century. Book 1, THE MARK, will be available on May 27th, 2014.

* * *
 

Ohio native JoAnne Myers is a published author of 7 books, and canvas paints. JoAnne enjoys time with relatives, her dog Jasmine, and volunteers her time within the community. JoAnne is a member of several writing groups, believes in family values and following your dreams.

Thanks for stopping by!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!