Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Monday, December 8, 2014

Apple Cranberry Pecan Bread and thoughts for the week

 Wow...I can't believe it's been so long since I blogged! I admit I've thought about coming back and getting into the blogging routine more than a few times, but like many bloggers out there - I found myself at a loss for words.

I know, shocking, right?

So, maybe the idea of being at a loss for words is bit extreme. But deciding on the direction of a blog can be downright stressful some days and I found I simply kept putting it on the back burner.

And while it was on the back burner, I did some thinking.

1. I really don't want to write a daily blog, I don't even want to commit to blogging three times a week...I've got a family, a job and I write books, do I honestly have to blog that often?

NO.

The new plan is to blog once a week - every Monday. If a bonus blog gets tossed in every once a while I can live with that, I hope you can too!


2. I love to bake, I love to shop...yup, I love my shoes and pocketbooks and makeup!

The truth is, I write about love, relationships and woman just like me...except sometimes they travel through time and even in my wildest dreams, I never really expect that to happen to me. :)

So, from now on, this blog is going to be about the things that I love. Recipes, shoes, makeup and probably blogs about my pets (because I DO have quite a few of those!)
 

I hope you'll join me here on Mondays!

APPLE, CRANBERRY, PECAN BREAD

1 loaf
preheat oven to 350 degrees
grease the bread pan, both bottom and sides

2 1/4 Cups flour
1 Cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, well beaten
1 Cup orange juice
1/4 Cup butter, melted
1/4 Cup warm water
1/2 large apple, chopped
1 Cup fresh or grozen whole cranberries, chopped
1 Cup pecans, chopped

Sift four, sugar baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Combine egg, orange juice, melted butter and water in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients and combine until moistened. Fold in apple, cranberries and pecans. Pour batter into creased pan. Bake 1 hour until toothpick comes out clean. Cool. Remove from pans. Enjoy!

See you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!