Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday in the kitchen: Apple Pecan Loaf

It's been frigid here on Long Island this past week and for me, that means nothing is better than a warm slice of bread!

I found this recipe online yesterday from Cooks.com while looking for a new recipe to use up the chopped pecans I have left over from Christmas.

It was awesome and smelled great in the oven.

More important, the kids all liked it too.

I made a few changes to the original recipe (because of the ingredient amounts I actually had on hand and it was very tasty.) The kids said to definitely make this one again...so I guess that makes it "blog worthy!"

Apple Pecan Loaf

2 Apples, raw, peeled and diced (I used red delicious because that's what I had)
3 Cups Flour
2 Eggs
2 Cups of Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 Cup Oil
1 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 Cup Pecans, chopped (I think I'd use 3/4 next time)
1 tsp. Cinnamon

Put the diced apples in a bowl, add sugar and let stand for 20 minutes. Add remaining ingredients (except nuts). Mix well. Add nuts. Pour into standard size loaf pan (greased). Bake at 350 for 1 hour (The recipe says 1 hour - but it took almost an hour and half for mine to be cooked through since it was a very thick dough!)

Happy eating!


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Being that it was dense bread, it toasted up wonderfully in the toaster this morning. A little butter and it was great!

      Delete
  2. I love breads! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!