Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday in the Kitchen - Potato Crusted Vegetable Pizza

Yes...it's been one of those weeks around our house, but I guess when you have three kids, 2 cats, 1 puppy, 2 birds, a lizard and a hamster...there's bound to be a crazy week in the mix every now and then!

So, today's post is going to short and sweet...

This week's very short Hot Link List:

+  A few tips on Pumping Up Your Immune System - great ideas to keep you healthy during the winter months.

+  Looking to write smarter and faster? I needed a good kick this week and one of my critique partners, Clarissa Yip, pointed me in the direction Rachel Aaron and her 2k to 10k a day blog post. Awesome reading!

+  Confused when to use "Who" or "Whom?" This great blog post offers up a great way to get it right every time!

Who or Whom? Easy trick to getting it right! http://www.ragan.com/Main/Articles/46243.aspx#

And now it's time for some pizza:

Potato Crusted Vegetable Pizza

Crust
1 Package (14 oz) frozed, shredded hash browns patties, thawed and broken apart
1 Egg, lightly beaten
3/4 tsp salt

Toppings
1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
1 cup of broccoli, chopped
8 ounces (2 cups) swiss cheese, shredded, divided
1 tsp dried oregano leaves

Preheat the over to 400.  Combine potatoes, egg and salt in a bowl, mix well. Spread potato mixture into a circle on a baking stone or a cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes and remove from oven.

Layer sliced vegetables and cheese - ending with cheese and sprinkle with oregano.

Bake an additional 12 minutes. Serve warm.

(we've used shredding cheddar at it was good, too!)

Enjoy!




** Because I love my readers and am grateful you choose to spend some time with me each week, all comments from Feb. 1 to Feb 28 are automatically entered into my monthly drawing for a 3 pack of mini travel-sized handmade soaps. Details and the scents for the month can be found on the "contest rules" page.


1 comment:

  1. That is so funny that you had a post about Who & Whom - Mark Rice and I did a podcast show about it on Valentines Day. :)
    Deena Rice's Profile + contact hub!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!