Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday in the Kitchen - Banana Pecan Bread


Today I'm back in the kitchen...did you miss me?

I'm struggling with a cold, a cough and a sinus infection - so I decided I needed something warm from the oven this morning for breakfast.

It was so great with melted butter and a steaming cup of coffee!

So, now I'm sharing it with you.

Enjoy your Sunday my friends!



EASY Banana Pecan Bread




2 large ripe bananas (smashed...more if you like!)
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg (beaten)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
1/3 cup pecans (chopped)

No mixer required! Preheat oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl, smash the bananas with the melted butter. Add in sugar, egg, vanilla and cinnamon. Sprinkle baking powder and salt over mixture and mix in. Add the pecans. Add the flour in last.

Pour into a greased or buttered standard loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.


1 comment:

  1. I have six bananas on my counter!! I just pulled them from the freezer, cuz I needed the space. :D
    I don't have pecans, but I am making bread!

    love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!