Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

52 Ways to Joy - Forgive Yourself

I spend a lot of time beating myself up over things I didn't do, situations I've handled wrong, things I've said and things I've done.

I've realized that rehashing past mistakes and failures do nothing but bring down the present moment, it taints the mood with it's dark presence.

Today I woke up with the intention of moving forward, not backward. I KNOW in order to reach my goals and my dreams I have to look ahead - my dreams and goals certainly aren't behind me.

Every day we change, we learn from past mistakes, our hearts heal from past hurts...everything that happened in the past makes us who we are, both the good and the bad. Yes, we have to deal with that and make peace with it. But we have to forgive others as well as ourselves to cut those burdens loose. We can't let them strangle our future.

The first step toward being at peace with ourselves is to be a little more forgiving of our own faults. Treat yourself the way you treat your best friend, give second chances to yourself - because you deserve it!

We can't expect to find joy unless we let go of some of the baggage we travel with everyday - that means putting the past where it belongs and moving forward each and every day toward something better.

It's time to forgive yourself.

Smile.

Move on!

Today I'm going to to forgive myself for the time I wasted yesterday playing Candy Crush - yes, the time I could have spent cleaning the house or working on the next chapter of my book - but time I needed to recharge my batteries.

What will you forgive yourself for today?


5 comments:

  1. Super post. Everyone should take this to heart. I'm forgiving myself for sleeping VERY late today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaine, thanks for stopping by today. There's nothing wrong with sleeping in every once in a while! :)

      Delete
  2. Forgiving myself for not being too self critical in so many areas.

    Very good topic, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mara...don't be too critical too often, cut yourself some slack. Hope you smile today, you deserve it :)

      Delete
  3. Oh... that's a really good question -- what will I forgive myself for today...? Wow. That's not an area where I've had much practice. I'll have to give it some thought. :o)

    Thanks for this post, Deborah.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!