Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday in the Kitchen - Chocolate Chip Scones

Welcome back to my kitchen!

Since it's no secret I have a love of chocolate, you can bet when when my Mom gave me this cookbook as one of my birthday gifts a few years back it was definitely a KEEPER!

Chocolate Chip Scones


Makes 8 to 12
Baking time: 20 Minutes

1/2 buttermilk
1 large egg
1 tsp chocolate or vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
3 tbs granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 butter or shortening
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Position oven rack in center of the oven. Heat to 425. Lightly grease a baking sheet.

In a medium bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the buttermilk, egg and extract until combined.

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a pastry blender cut in the butter to form a crumbly mixture. With a wooden spoon, stir in the buttermilk mixture. Fold in the chips until a soft mixture forms.

On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 2 to 3 minutes. Roll out into an 8 inch circle. Using a sharp knife score 8 to 12 wedges. Transfer to the baking sheet.

Bake 18 - 20 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve warm.

Enjoy!

* ~ * ~ *

This week my Hot Links all involve social media, because in the ever changing online world we've got to keep up or be left behind..and we wouldn't want that!

Did you know Google Mail has rolled out a new look? I happen to like it, but it does take some getting used to. Here's a great blog post about it from http://www.successconnections.com/articles/2013/07/27/google-email-tabs-important-emails/

Over at http://badredheadmedia.com/2013/08/02/how-a-great-twitter-bio-can-net-you-more-followers-and-sales/ this topic is all about tweaking your Twitter Bio to gain followers!

Pam the Marketing Nut asks the all-important social media question, WHY? http://www.pammarketingnut.com/2013/08/why-the-most-important-question-in-social-media/

What do you think about staying current with social media trends? Worth it or not?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!