Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Checklists, Deadlines and Cats



What could be better than combining my love of post-it notes with my love of checklists?

It's taken me a while, but I've finally come up with a system that works for me and keeps me focused and on track all day. My sticky note goes everywhere with me - it fits perfectly in my moleskin organizer and when I'm home for the day it sticks to the side of my monitor.

As you can see, I also love my color coding and there is a system to my madness :)

The white sticky at the top has my inspirational quote of the week. The pink note is there to remind me that at the end of the day I deserve to reward myself - even if it's something small! Both the white and pink stay all week long.

Next comes the blue post-it, which for me represents my family and personal agenda items for the day...you know those errands and things you MUST get done. Yup, we all have those, but the key for me is to narrow it down to 4 or 5 MUSTS - the rest is gravy. :)

The green note is my writing goals for the day. I break them into small chunks because I have a day job and this is the system that works for me. 500 words before I leave for the job. 500 more before dinner and 500 after dinner.

The green and the blue get ripped off at the end of the day and replaced with fresh notes each day. For me there is just something energizing about ripping off those notes - knowing I accomplished tasks on my list. It feels good.

Goals and deadlines...two things that go hand in hand in life. Keeping my daily goals and deadlines in front of me with my sticky to-do list has helped me.


Of course, these two furballs keep me on my toes as well. Rocky (right) doesn't get along with the puppy - but Oreo does. Either way, these two stick together and can usually be found cuddled together on my dining room table.

As you can see, Oreo gets more than his share of the treats...but we love him just the way he is!

You're Turn!

Tell me about your method of checking off the daily chores and goals!

1 comment:

  1. You are far more organized than I, though I do also write lists. My method, however, is a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 paper folded in half. On one side I scratch my day job to do list, and on the other my home life to do list. That's as organized as I get :) I do love the idea of tacking an inspirational quote for the week where I can see it. Might steal that one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!