Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday Morning Quarterback

Sorry for the football title, with the Superbowl this Sunday, I couldn't resist.

This weekend I added a new divider to Frankie, my trusty planner...yup, it's all about me. And why shouldn't it be? It's my planner, my world in a binder, doesn't it make sense that at least one section is all about my hopes, dreams and aspirations?

Behind that gold "queen bee" divider right now is a just a few blank pages, but it eventually will become my "bucket list" of sorts. How often do we get an idea that goes flitting though our minds, something we'd like to try or do? Maybe it's just a recipe or to try a new restaurant...maybe it's something bigger like learning something new. The point is, that if I don't write it down, there's a good chance I'll forget about it. Not this year!

And now...it's Monday morning quarterback time...

Last week I:

Didn't write enough. Now, I'm behind and will be frantic this week to ensure my next release actually releases on time. *sigh*

Spent too much time on a decision that I pretty much knew in my heart from the start, but fought it because, well...it's a carrot that I THOUGHT I wanted for so long that it's hard to say no. I think I'm over that now. :)

Ate the pizza. Yes, this week I ordered Dominos pizza for the kids and I ate it. Being lactose intolerant, it was a BAD decision, but it smelled so good. That was two days ago and I'm still paying for it. Lesson learned? Sadly, probably not. :)

Ate a lot of chocolate cake. It was my birthday. A big birthday. And I loved every morsel of it. No regrets!

Braved the snow. Anyone that knows me at all, knows I don't drive in the snow. I'm a menace on the road, panic at the first flake to fall from the sky and am better off at home. I went to work...even though I panicked the entire way there and home a few hours later, I'm actually proud to say that I did it and hit not a single garbage can (last year my record for the season was a total of 8, 3 in one day!)

So, all in all, I had a few wins and a few defeats - but nothing that can't be fixed this week!

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!