Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Monday, February 10, 2014

52 Ways to Joy - Be Beautiful

It's been said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Over the years I've met plenty of people anyone would classify as truly beautiful. You know the people- perfect skin, perfect hair, pearly white teeth to go with their perfect smile.

I've also met just as many people that would be considered the complete opposite of all those things.

Today's 52 Ways to Joy isn't about what's on the outside, because real beauty isn't about the candy-coating shell on the outside, it comes from within. It's a light that shines up through all the bling or creates bling where there wasn't any before. It's an attitude and it's powerful.

Young, old, short, tall, doesn't matter at all, because each and every one of us has the ability to be beautiful to someone else. We have the capacity every day to show kindness, to smile and be helpful. Inside all of us is someone beautiful, but how often does that side of us show?

Maybe this week, we could all smile a little more, say more kind words and share more of our knowledge to help someone else struggle just a little less. Maybe this week we could be a little kinder to ourselves when we look in the mirror and see another gray hair or a new wrinkle. Instead look inside at how beautiful you really are and how beautiful you are to the people that love you.

Wishing you joy on all your travels.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!