Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Prayers on Patriot Day


Today is one of those days I will forever "remember" where I was and what I was doing when the first plane hit Tower One. My stomach still clenches in disgust and heartbreak when I remember as the plane hit Tower Two,and along with every New Yorker and every American, KNEW we'd been attacked.

Today is not about what religion you are, if you believe in God or not, but today is about offering a moment of silence for those lost. Today is for saying a prayer for the families that have struggled without their loved ones, it's for remembering that our courageous firemen and policemen close to Ground Zero still carry memories of that day - of the people they could save and the lives they couldn't.

Today deserves a moment to reflect on how far we've come and how as Americans our resolve was tested that day.

Today is a day to be proud of who we are.

God Bless America.


1 comment:

  1. I agree! The one thing I wish is that the pride in our country and the solidarity we all felt on that day and in the weeks and months following still existed today. 9-11 was tragic and still haunts us, but it showed that true family feel of being American. Reminded us that while we are different, we are united. We are in this together. We all 'live' under the same roof.

    Great post Deb. I too remember where I was...on the way out the door to take a real estate licensing exam.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!