Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

52 Ways to Joy - The Hug

"Every day you should reach out and touch someone.  People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back."  ~Maya Angelou


THE HUG

Basic contact with another person, an embrace that can say so much that no words are necessary.

A hug can be warm and loving. It can be healing and compassionate. It can be a simple greeting or a way of sending a loved one on a fond farewell until you meet again.

No matter the time of day or the reason, the hug is gesture of caring and support.

Human contact, the feeling of being wrapped in someone's arms can light up a moment, and the best thing is, when you give a hug - you get one back!

A hug is free, it's the universal feel good bandage to anything that ails you.

So why not spread a little joy today and give someone a hug!

Have a joy-filled week my friends!



*52 Ways to Joy is a weekly post to celebrate the simple ways to bring joy into your life and those around you. It's about the small moments that makes memories and give us all a sense of contentment in the crazy world we live in. If you're joining me here for the first time, by clicking on the label  "52WTJ" you can read the previous posts!


4 comments:

  1. Hugs really do bring joy. Thanks for the reminder. It's so easy to overlook the little things that mean so much.

    Love the wintery look of your blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I heard that it's hug day or something. Love it! I don't give enough hugs anymore. Used to give a lot more...but have lost that spontaneity. :D

    Great idea for finding joy, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this series. It is the little things that are important.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support on this weekly series - I'm glad it's making people smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!