Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday in the Kitchen: Bloody Mary and the Reality Award

In celebration of my birthday, the hubby and I will be going to one of my favorite restaurants for their wonderful brunch. Although this is the first time I'm going to enjoy this brunch since I've had to change to a dairy-free diet, I know they have so many dishes to choose from there is NO chance I'll leave hungry.

And they make a great Bloody Mary.

When I'm serving brunch at home, here's my Bloody Mary recipe - it serves 4.

Bloody Mary

3 1/4 Cups no salt added tomato juice (I like a tomato veggie blend like Knudsen's)
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tsp worcestershire sauce
1 Tsp prepared horseradish
1/2 Tsp celery salt
1/2 Tsp hot sauce

1/2 Cup vodka

Combine the ingredients in a shaker, shake well and chill (or add ice if you desire)
Garnish each glass with a celery stalk or a lime curl.

Enjoy (and always drink responsibly!)


* * * * * *

I've been given a blog award!

Thanks to Donna Coe-Velleman for the honor of nominating my blog for the Reality Award.

Now, according to the rules of the award, I need to share 7 facts you might not know about me... (and probably don't care to know, but rules are rules)

1. I hate coconut, but love Pina Coladas and coconut shrimp.

2. I won't watch medical dramas or horror movies.

3. I love to sit on the beach, but won't go in the water.

4. I take such hot showers, when I get out I resemble a lobster.

5. If I could leave my flannel sheets on all the bed all year, I would (but hubby protests and make me take them off by April.)

6. My dream vacation would be to spend a night in a haunted old castle. (The older the better!)

7. I hate to wear shoes. I love to buy them...hate to wear them. I'm usually found barefoot or in slippers at home.

And now the rules say I must nominate other worthy bloggers because they inspire me with their ideas, their creativity and their positive words!






And because every award comes with a few rules, here's the rules of the Reality Award:

1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award.

2. Post the award on your blog.

3. Share 7 little-known facts about you.

4. Nominate 5 bloggers to bestow the award upon.

5. Contact them and let them know to come pick up their award at your blog!

Have a wonderful day, my friends.
Happy Scribbling




2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Debora! I'll post something next week. I'm so with you on number 2. I can't watch medical dramas or horror either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweetie!! Happy Birthday!

    I LOVE a good Bloody Mary!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!