And they make a great Bloody Mary.
When I'm serving brunch at home, here's my Bloody Mary recipe - it serves 4.
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tsp worcestershire sauce
1 Tsp prepared horseradish
1/2 Tsp celery salt
1/2 Tsp hot sauce
1/2 Cup vodka
Combine the ingredients in a shaker, shake well and chill (or add ice if you desire)
Garnish each glass with a celery stalk or a lime curl.
Enjoy (and always drink responsibly!)
* * * * * *
I've been given a blog award!
Thanks to Donna Coe-Velleman for the honor of nominating my blog for the Reality Award.
Now, according to the rules of the award, I need to share 7 facts you might not know about me... (and probably don't care to know, but rules are rules)
1. I hate coconut, but love Pina Coladas and coconut shrimp.
2. I won't watch medical dramas or horror movies.
3. I love to sit on the beach, but won't go in the water.
4. I take such hot showers, when I get out I resemble a lobster.
5. If I could leave my flannel sheets on all the bed all year, I would (but hubby protests and make me take them off by April.)
6. My dream vacation would be to spend a night in a haunted old castle. (The older the better!)
7. I hate to wear shoes. I love to buy them...hate to wear them. I'm usually found barefoot or in slippers at home.
And now the rules say I must nominate other worthy bloggers because they inspire me with their ideas, their creativity and their positive words!
Bethanne Strasser at http://bethannestrasser.blogspot.com/
Jennifer Shirk at http://jennifershirk.blogspot.com/
Robin Delaney at http://robindelany.blogspot.com/
Sutton Fox at http://suttonfox.blogspot.com/
Julie Jarnagin at http://juliejwrites.blogspot.com/
And because every award comes with a few rules, here's the rules of the Reality Award:
1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award.
2. Post the award on your blog.
3. Share 7 little-known facts about you.
4. Nominate 5 bloggers to bestow the award upon.
5. Contact them and let them know to come pick up their award at your blog!
Have a wonderful day, my friends.