Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday in the Kitchen: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Loaf

There's just something about chocolate and peanut butter than makes me want to lick my lips and say, "YUM."

Last night I made this little loaf cake because we were expecting a few people over after dinner and I wanted to make something that wasn't too gooey, but I still wanted something with chocolate in it (okay, I always want something with chocolate in it!)

And let me tell you it smelled soooo good in the oven too! I'm happy to say it was big hit with everyone - not too sweet, but just enough chocolate to keep those with a sweet-tooth happy.

So, as I promised on twitter when I popped this loaf in the oven, here's the recipe.

Enjoy your Sunday with a little lovin' from the oven!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Loaf

1 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 Cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

A handful of chocolate chips for garnish at the end

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray one standard loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Sift flour, baking power, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.

3. In another large bowl, beat peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually add in flour mixture. Beat on low until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

4. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool pan on wire rack for five minutes. Remove from pan. Place a handful of chocolate chips on top of loaf and allow to melt as the loaf continues to cool on wire rack. When the chips are melted (should only take a few minutes) spread the chocolate across the top of the cake with the back of a knife. Cool the cake completely on the wire racks.

Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. awesome! I am going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good but I might use chunky peanut better. Sounds like something I might serve my critique group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethanne - let me know how you like it!
    JL - I think crunchy peanut butter would be awesome in this, might try that next time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!