Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

52 Ways to Joy - #2 See the Sunrise

"There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope" 
~ Bern Williams

Welcome back to week two of celebrating the small moments in life!

This week I'm asking the question, "Have you seen the sunrise?"

Opening your eyes in the morning to look out the window and see the sunrise doesn't count!

I mean, have you ever purposely been outside and watched the sun rise on the horizon?

Sunrise over Orient Point, Long Island. Summer 2012
 As the night gives way to a new morning, we're renewed with the sense of hope.

Every day, whether we can see it or not, the sun rises, leaving behind the dark of the night and proving that each day is a new beginning.

Each day is about a new chance to experience a little bit of joy.

But like many of the simplest things in life, we forget it's there, we take it for granted that everyday the sun will rise. And it does. Every morning. Without fail.

As the sun begins its journey toward the west, shimmers of pink and orange splash across the horizon, casting hues of warmth and hope - if we take a moment to get up and see it. Winter, summer, spring, and fall, the warm gold rays reach out to light the sky and wrap us in the promise of new beginning.

Every day is a new chance to change something in your life. It's a new chance to greet your day with a small joy.

When was the last time you got up to see the sunrise?





3 comments:

  1. I love a sunrise in the morning! :D It's a little early nowadays...and cold. :D My husband goes out though. He loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get up early to write, and I love being awake as the sun is rising. The house and the neighborhood are quiet. There are fewer distractions. It's a way for me to start my day without the pressures of the rest of my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not usually cohesive enough in the morning but I love watching the sky as the sun sets. I told my daughter once, God gives us gifts every day. We just have to open our eyes to see them.

    Thanks for the beautiful reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!