Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

52 Ways to Joy - To Be Grateful


The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies;
but let the thankful heart
sweep through the day and,
as the magnet finds the iron,
so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!

~ Henry Ward Beecher


The news has been filled with tragedy this past week from the Boston bombing to the Texas explosions. It's impossible to escape the events that rock our peaceful lives.

Yet, we must go on. We must continue to live, work and push forward.

But even through the sadness we have to look around and be grateful for what we do have, for the people in our lives right now that bring us happiness.

Sometimes it's hard when we struggle from day to day with bills, unemployment, stress, or illness. Times are hard and our perceptions are often hard to change.

But, once you start to see the silver lining in your everyday life, it's hard to stop craving that snippet of joy that can brighten a moment.

So, you're not having lobster and filet mignon for dinner tonight...if there's food on your table, be grateful.

Your last ten dollars went into your gas tank to get you to work today? Be grateful you're not standing in the rain at a bus stop heading to the unemployment line.

Your hair not cooperating today and you look in the mirror disgusted? Be grateful for that head of hair, how many cancer patients are picking out a hat or a scarf to cover their bald heads?

Before you complain today, I challenge you to try to turn that complaint into something to be grateful for - because your outlook on what you do have can bring you joy!

I wish you joy and an abundance of things to be grateful for wherever your travels take you this week!


*Do you get Scribbling Through Time in your favorite reader? Please note I recently changed my feed from feedburner to feedblitz and I don't want leave you behind when I finally cut the cord and terminate the feedburner account! Take a second to click HERE and keep me coming to your favorite reader!*

  ** Because I love my readers and am grateful you choose to spend some time with me each week, all comments from April 1 to April 30th are automatically entered into my monthly drawing for a 3 pack of mini travel-sized handmade soaps. Details and the scents for the month can be found on the "contest rules" page.


 *52 Ways to Joy is a weekly post to celebrate the simple ways to bring joy into your life and those around you. It's about the small moments that makes memories and give us all a sense of contentment in the crazy world we live in. If you're joining me here for the first time, by clicking on the label  "52WTJ" you can read the previous posts!


3 comments:

  1. That's so true. If you're thankful and grateful first, it does open your heart to joy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!