Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday in the Kitchen - Easy Cinnamon Pecan Muffins

Breakfast is the hardest meal of the day for me since I discovered my body has a definite dislike of dairy - which means that even though I can tolerate baked goods with an egg or two in the recipe, I can no longer eat plain eggs, egg sandwiches, etc.

Imagine breakfast with no eggs and no milk...not something I ever thought I'd need to worry about.

Enter breads and muffins. My saving grace in the morning. I'm finding muffins are the easiest to make and I enjoy them.

Here's what I'll be eating this week for breakfast - Enjoy!

Cinnamon Pecan Breakfast Muffins


1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
1/2 Cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1 egg (slightly beated)
1/2 Cup milk
1/3 Cup butter or margarine (melted)
A handful of pecans (chopped and optional)

Cinnamon & Sugar for topping

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 12 muffin cups or use paper liners (For some reason when I make this recipe I NEVER get 12 muffins - I always end up with only enough to fill 11 cups.)

In a medium bowl mix all the dry ingredients. In a small bowl add the wet ingredients. Add wet to the dry and mix until combined - dough will be stiff. Fold in the nuts.

Spoon the batter into the muffins cups and sprinkle the tops with some cinnamon and sugar. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in tin for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.

Serve warm and enjoy!

And while you're enjoying the muffins, here's my hot links for the week:



Looking for a great motivational story about self-publishing success? Here you go!

On the Writing Coach...6 questions/6 rules

Suffering from writing burnout? Looking to get back some fire? Try this post on Rebecca T. Dickson's blog

And since I'm now pretty much leading a dairy-free lifestyle...I've found the Dairy-Free Diva to be a great blog - go check her out!

Now...go have a great day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!