Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Planning to succeed

Week one!

As promised, today I'm showing off a little of the inside of the new planner. I anticipate it's going to take me a few weeks to really figure out a system that's going to work for me, but I think I'm off to a good start.

My calendar pages (I bought the DayTimer Flavia 1 Page Per Week) arrived on December 31st and I quickly went to work loading up "Frankie." I already had the plastic pocket folders from a previous attempt at being organized, so I'm able to reuse them (yay!)

On Amazon, I found the punctuation magnetic clips that will be used throughout the planner - but I'm not sure where yet.

I splurged on some fun wasi tape and colored/textured cardstock to use as a dividers at JoAnn's the other day too. (Of course they're purple!)

This is the divider page for the January calendar and I love that each month is colorful and has a new quote.

I've made room in my purse for Frankie and I've made it rule #1 that he's going everywhere I go...no appointments will be made without consulting him first.

Planner Rule #2 - consult with Frankie every night before bed and adjust the schedule for the next day...nothing screams organization like knowing exactly what to prepare for the next day, right?

Planner Rule #3 - the daily list. Yes, I am a list girl and I love to see things get crossed off my list, it makes me feel productive - even on those days when my plate is crazy full.

Each page this month has my total word goal written at the bottom - each day I will add my total to visibly track my progress.

I have a section strictly for writing inspiration, the perfect place for the little tidbits that pop up when I'm out.

The planner will surely evolve over the next few months into something that is unique to me - but I'm planning and that's the first step toward success!

Have a planner tip for me? I'd love to hear it.



2 comments:

  1. I love having a great planner...but this year...I decided to try something a little different. I have a task notebook and I can't wait to see if that's going to work for me...LOL! If not, I'll be finding me a planner online that can get here quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankie looks like a really nice planner. Good suggestion to consult the planner every night. Cuts out surprises in the morning. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!