Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Greetings (and a pie!)

HappyThanksgiving
We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  ~Thornton Wilder

Happy Thanksgiving!

I wish you all a day filled with family and friends, good food and memories that will last a lifetime.

This year, in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, I am reminded just how quickly life changes around us. So many of my fellow Long Islanders lost everything in a few short hours. I know I complained about being without electricity for 9 days and yes, I complained about standing in the cold with hubby to fill gas cans for our generator - but we were lucky, we HAVE a generator! This year as we sit around the table with our loved ones near and an abundance of food on our table, I know how lucky and blessed we are.

I wish you all those same blessings for this holiday and for the year ahead.

And if you want a little chocolate for your dessert table (and who doesn't?) Here's the Chocolate Pecan Pie I'll be serving up this year.

Chocolate Pecan Pie

1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
1 cup chocolate chips
2 large eggs
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted

Pie crust - either homemade or prepared

Heat oven to 350.

Bake pie crust 3 to 4 minutes.

Sprinkle pecans and chocolate chips over bottom of crust.

In a medium bowl, using a mixer at medium speed, beat eggs, corn syrup and sugar until smooth. Beat in the melted butter until blended. Pour the mixture into the crust.

Bake 60 minutes or until filling is firm. Cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes before serving. Can also be served at room temperature.

Enjoy.









*Graphic by Little Birdie Blessings.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!
    It would be easy to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. But that would seem superficial given all the suffering in this world. Hunger, poverty, homelessness, unrest in the Middle East, and the destruction of Hurricane Sandy…we could go on and on.

    But we believe that no matter our circumstances each and every one of us has something to be thankful for…something to hang on to no matter how difficult things might seem.

    It might be something as small as the grip of an infant upon our finger or a warm smile from a total stranger. Or it might be something as momentous as news that cancer is in remission. There is always something that keeps us going…something to be thankful for.

    So let us give thanks for that “something”… that wonderful “something” that brightens our lives and helps us through the day. God Bless you

    Please this Thanksgiving and Christmas help a Christian family. Check it out on Indiegogo at http://www.indiegogo.com/zahidfamily?a=1785892&i=emal or click on my name and don't forget to share this on your Facebook and twitter profiles.

    God Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blog and recipe--have to try this pie! Thanks for sharing your blessings : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!