Welcome

Welcome to my blog, SCRIBBLING TO (IN)SANITY! First time here? I'm a romance writer who wants to believe most problems can be solved over coffee, a mixed drink or by anything covered in chocolate. I'm a believer in second chances and that it's always the right time to fall in love. As the saying goes, you're a guest in my house only once...then you're family. So I invite you to join the fun! I love comments but it's okay to lurk too - just know I'm glad you've found me and I hope you visit me again soon!

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Celebrating the Fourth of July

Happy 4th of July!

Today we celebrate our independence day. It's a day to remember the convictions of a group of visionaries back in 1776 who were determined to make their visions of a free society a reality.

The Declaration of Independence was signed by 56 men representing the 13 colonies.

 "Yankee Doodle," one of the patriotic songs in the United States prior to the Revolution. Originally sung by British military officers to mock the unorganized and buckskin-wearing “Yankees” they fought against in the French and Indian War.

Festivities including concerts, bonfires, parades and the firing of cannons and muskets originally were part of the colonists celebration of King George's birthday, this changed almost immediately after the adoption of the Declaration of Independence. A tradition which continues today with parades and firework displays all over the country.

A few years after the war ended and each colony adopted the constitution, congress convened again to put forth the original "Bill of Rights."

Today I stand with those who believe in that original document and everything it stands for. Today I stand with those who believe it's time for us to "Restore the Fourth."

https://cms.fightforthefuture.org/july-4th-celebrate-4th-amendment-post-it-everywhere/



Have a safe holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for joining in the conversation with your comment! Happy scribbling!